Friday 7 June 2013

Planting Herbs


I've always wanted to grow my own herbs for cooking and garnishing food. How convenient then, that I accidentally killed a pot plant that my Grandmother gave me and I have a spare pot all ready for use!

I decided to go with the basics to begin with as my track record for growing plants isn't the best. I always get excited when I get to the garden shop and see all the beautiful flowering plants and vegetables and ferns. Sometimes I buy things that I didn't come for, but this time, I stuck to the herbs. I came home with parsley, thyme, oregano and chives; the four most widely used herbs in basic cooking.

After a little struggle with my pots and the extraction of the herbs from their punnets, I now have two lovely pots filled with herbs. Apparently they take 6-8 weeks to be ready for use. Hopefully I remember to water them!

Thyme, Chives and Oregano
Parsley

No comments:

Post a Comment