Thursday 20 August 2015

Peanut Butter Birthday Cake!

My husband turned 27 last week and to celebrate I made a cake. Not just any cake, mind you, a chocolate peanut butter cake with pretzels and peanuts. Those who know me would attest that cooking, more particularly baking, is far from my first love but here it is: the amazing cake.
Three cakes through the oven (I only have one circular cake tin), lots of whipping up peanut butter for icing and chopping chocolate and nuts later and we have an amazing cake. I impress even myself.


My husband loved it and it tasted simply amazing. The secret to this cake was truly the peanut butter icing. To make peanut butter icing simply add peanut butter to a normal butter icing mix. The recipe I used was:

Peanut Butter Icing
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 3 tbs of double cream
- 1 tbs vanilla extract

Beat butter until creamy and pale with the electric beater. Add peanut butter and vanilla and beat until combined. Add half of the icing sugar and 2 tbs of cream. Beat until well combined. Add remaining sugar and cream. Beat until well combined and fluffy. 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment