Saturday 16 February 2013

Designer Beginnings

I have recently enrolled myself in an online TAFE course to study pattern making and fashion design. The course is a Certificate 4 in Applied Fashion Design and Technology. I made slow progress through the first couple assignments on health and safety and measurement systems, and have now made my way to the first of the pattern making tasks. I'm so proud to have accomplished my first pattern drawn from scratch that I had to write about it. It is a basic yoked shirt pattern with short sleeves. Nothing too amazing, but I feel that I have done well.

The finished product is a shirt that I would never wear, I doubt anyone would, but it is entirely, pattern and all, my own handiwork. (It reminds my of my school blouse, except the school blouse didn't choke me at the neck!).

Humble beginnings to my fashion design aspirations, but I have to start somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment