Monday 15 August 2016

Carrot Cake Birthday

So Daryl's birthday rolled around again this week and I decided to try something a little less unhealthy this year after the peanut butter and chocolate-ness of last year's cake. I went with a carrot cake recipe that I found on the internet. It sounded great. Ginger carrot cake with salted Butterscotch frosting. You can find the recipe HERE.
It was simple to make and very tasty. Though, not quite as exciting for my 2 year old. I think this one is a bit of a grown-up cake. (He likes the icing). Overall a great recipe. My only criticism is that it was a little dry and crumbly. Here is the finished product. Yum.


On another note, I have been busy learning how to cook Indian cuisine properly. I figured it was about time to give it a good go. So I borrowed a book called 'From India: food, family & tradition' by Kumar and Suba Mahadevan. It has the authenticity tick of approval by my Indian Mother-in-law and has so far produced some truly delicious meals. The man in the Indian spice store recognises me now and I feel like I just may have secured future success in my Indian food endeavours!

No comments:

Post a Comment