Monday 2 November 2015

Short Playsuit or Romper?

Regardless of whether you call it a play suit or a romper, this item of clothing is one of my favourites in the range of clothing for babies and toddlers. Girl or boy, all kids look cute in these all-in-one style clothes. You can make them warm, you can make them cool, you can make them fancy or plain. I love them. Of all the items that I make for Jeremy, the ones I like most have always been the rompers, play suits and overalls.

This latest design of mine is for a girls sleeveless play suit or romper. It could be altered to make it more suitable for boys by removing the elastic waist.

My short play suit pattern is sized to fit children aged 6-12 months.
You can find this PDF pattern for sale on my Etsy shop by clicking on the link below.

Short Playsuit PDF Pattern

It was an easy design job and should have been a very simple sew... but I made some mistakes. Sigh. Though you can not tell now, I accidentally cut off the shoulder section of the play suit back. Don't ask me what I was doing. Accidents happen. After much careful mending, I managed to get it back on track!
This is a very versatile pattern when it comes to finding a good fit. The body of the play suit is quite loose which allows the waist elastic to be tighter or looser depending on the size of the baby. You could also adjust the tightness of the elastic in the legs to create a better fit. The first model pictured below is fairly petite and the leg elastic could be tightened to provide a better fit for her. The second model was more solidly built and filled out the play suit more.





No comments:

Post a Comment