Thursday 17 September 2015

Toddler's Gypsy Dress

I've finally finished up another PDF pattern to add to my Etsy shop. This time it's one for the girls!

I love this sweet little dress. I've called it a Gypsy dress for want of a better name as it features layers of gathered skirts. This pattern is one of the simplest that I have designed. It only has two pattern pieces for the bodice and the skirt is cut using rectangles of fabric.
In fact, the bodice pattern is so simple that it could easily be used as a base to design a multitude of other dress styles... bodice with a simple gathered skirt, bodice with a pleated skirt, bodice with ruffles, bodice with lace... let your imagination carry you off!

Skill Level: Easy... very easy!

Size: 12-18 months

Materials Needed
- 1 metre of fabric
- 20cm lining fabric
- 3 buttons
- 3 press stud sets

You can find full instructions and a PDF pattern for sale on Etsy. Or click on the link below!
Gypsy Dress PDF Pattern


I love working with little Alice as my model! She had a wonderful time with these balloons!






No comments:

Post a Comment