Saturday 19 September 2015

Pin-Tucked Dress for Toddlers

If there is one dress that I've designed and made in the last year that I really really love, it would have to be this one! I love pin tucks. I love the way they have a sweet vintage-detail look. They can make the simplest of fabrics or designs seem not-so-simple and even a little special.
Even though this dress is essentially a sleeveless A-line with a collar, the pin-tucks add something really nice to it. I think so anyway.

I've always found pin-tucks to be rather daunting when I see them in a design... all those even rows of tiny tucks all pressed one way. The reality isn't so bad. With some care they can be quite easy to sew and if you want really tiny tucks you can even buy a special presser foot to do it for you! My pin-tucked dress features fairly large tucks though, perfect for the beginner.

This dress is sized for children aged 12-18 months.

You can buy the PDF pattern and full instructions by clicking on the link below.
Pin-Tucked Dress PDF Pattern

To make this sweet little dress you will need:
- 1 metre of fabric
- 20cm fabric for collar
- 5 buttons
- 1 metre of lace

Skill level: Medium difficulty



My little model for this dress is Alice. She loved playing with the flowers while we tried to get some good photos!




No comments:

Post a Comment