Monday 10 November 2014

Maddi's Dress (McCall's 5791)



I have been doing heaps of sewing lately, but I can't post any of it yet as it all falls under the category of Christmas presents.
However, another lovely friend of mine recently gave birth to a beautiful little girl... so I've made another cute dress. One day the dresses will be for my own baby girl. I hope. In the mean time, I'm enjoying sewing for all the other little girls around!

This time I used McCall's pattern 5791. The pattern is sized small to extra large, but a small is for a baby around 3-6 months. I'm guessing the larger sizes might fit up to a 3 year old. The dress has a short waisted bodice and ties at the back. There are a variety of sleeve and collar options to individualise the dress. The pattern also includes gathered panties (which I didn't make at this stage).

I found some cute red and white print that I had in my fabric box and bought some white rick rack to use as a trim. I also used press studs instead of a zipper in the back. I think the finished look is very sweet. I just hope the bold pattern doesn't over power the little girl!

Over all, the pattern was simple to use and provided a straight forward sewing project.



No comments:

Post a Comment