Wednesday 15 October 2014

Premature Christmas Longings...


So I succumbed this morning and put on some Christmas music. I made a huge effort this year and I don't think I've listened to anything Christmas-y more than once or twice all year! For those who don't know, I'm a huge lover of all things Christmas... always have been and probably always will be!
I just want to take this moment to say that The Piano Guys Christmas album 'A Family Christmas' is fantastic! Who could avoid feeling cheerful with such light and bright music playing? In fact, I highly recommend all their work!
It will be our first Christmas with our little boy this year! That makes me more excited than ever. I hope that one day he will love Christmas time as much as me. Even though he is going to be a hazard to our decorations this year, I'm sure we will still be able to put up some beautiful things!

Christmas is such a time of wonder and beauty for me. Wonder that God became a man, born in such lowly conditions. Wonder at the reason He came and enormity of His gift to humanity... life. Reconciliation with God. Forgiveness. Peace.
Beauty in the decorations and excitement. Beauty in the traditions that I grew up with. Sitting around the tree on Christmas Eve in the candlelight, singing carols and reading the Christmas story as a family. Beauty in the joy of giving and receiving gifts and expressing love for each other. Beauty in good food and the enjoyment of the wonderful life that we have!
Ahhh... Christmas. Still two and a half months away.


No comments:

Post a Comment