Monday 25 November 2013

Dresses for Breastfeeding

With less than 6 weeks to go until baby is due, I'm starting to think about the practicalities of life after birth. I have so many lovely dresses in my wardrobe, waiting patiently until I can fit back into them, but I have realised that not a single one of them is going to work for breastfeeding baby... certainly not in public.
So with my new fashion design and pattern making skills I have begun to plan some new items for my wardrobe that will not only be practical, but be pretty too.
(I hate all the stretchy breastfeeding t-shirts and tops that are on the market. Jut because I am pregnant or a new mum shouldn't mean that I can't look nice!)

In my opinion, the ideal dress for breastfeeding should have a front opening and be loose enough around the bust and waist for comfort. So I have found some front buttoning dresses online for inspiration. I'm looking forward to seeing what I can come up with!






No comments:

Post a Comment