Wednesday 11 September 2013

Making Baby T-shirts

While searching the Internet for baby sewing patterns, I came across many websites advocating the use of old T-shirts to make cute baby shirts and coveralls. So I cleaned out my wardrobe the other day and come across some shirts that were ready for another use.

I found a great envelope shoulder T-shirt pattern (sizes newborn through to 2 years) at this website. The pattern is easy to download for free and the site provides very clear instructions on working with the design.

I am fairly new to sewing with stretch fabrics, my only other attempts being fraught with frustrations, but this pattern was remarkably easy to follow and I had no stretch fabric issues.

The two finished little shirts show just how much I hope baby Pereira turns up in time for Christmas. But even if baby doesn't, well, it will still get to share the Christmas spirit!!



I wish it was Christmas already!

No comments:

Post a Comment