Thursday 15 August 2013

Making Shorts from Long Pants

Target's original long pants
The other day I bought a really cheap pair of maternity pants from Target. They were long and as winter is fast departing, I decided they would be more useful as shorts.

I simply cut them off, measuring from the bottom up to make sure both legs were the same length. I then over locked and hemmed them for a basic long short length.

Then, using the cut off fabric, I made tabs for buttons to hold them up at a shorter level. They gave me one spare button with the tag and I just cut one off of one back pocket for the other. (Probably not the best way to do things, but I don't think I'd be able to match it anyway). I'm so pleased with the result and I don't think I'll ever wear them as long shorts again!

Thanks Target for my $10 shorts!!


My shortened shorts with button tabs!!

Lovely little button tab makes them look more classy

No comments:

Post a Comment