Wednesday 6 March 2013

Cowl Neck Blouse

My life has become consumed with pattern making and sewing lately. I am finding great pleasure in understanding the structure of clothing and being able to draw and create garments myself!

My projects become increasingly difficult and ambitious. The latest assignment was to draft and sew a cowl neckline blouse. Before completing this, I had no idea how the drapery in this style of blouse was created.

The fabric I have cut the shirt in is a piece from the Solomon Islands. The fabric had diagonal patterns which worked wonderfully for the bias cut design allowing me to have the pretty colour change at the bust.


I finished the armholes and inside seams with blue satin bias binding for a lovely couture look.

Arm hole finishing
Fabulous silk dyed fabric





No comments:

Post a Comment