Wednesday 20 March 2013

Baby Quilt Blocks


My sewing experience includes very little quilting except for a crazy square block quilt I made as a teenager for my bed. So I have decided to have a proper go at quilting and learn the correct techniques by signing up to a free online course by Craftsy. The class is called ''Block of the Month'' and encourages quilters to do one section of a whole quilt each month in order to have a finished quilt by the end.

I decided to make my quilt in a baby colour scheme as I will eventually have a baby that needs bedding. The pastel colours work wonderfully together and I'm excited to see the finished product.

As it is March already, I have to catch up on the January and February blocks. January's blocks were 4 small log cabin blocks and February's were 3 medium sized spring bloom blocks.

Lovely pastel quilting fabrics

My colour scheme for the quilt

Spring blooms blocks

Log cabin blocks


No comments:

Post a Comment